ECOCERT® has been a respected inspection and certification body in Europe for more than 25 years. Its subsidiary in Quebec, ECOCERT® Canada, provides certification guaranteeing the consumer that a product meets very strict standards. Certification by ECOCERT® ensures respect of global ecological ethics, from the beginning to the end of the fabrication process. The main objectives of ECOCERT® are: to prioritize naturally-sourced ingredients above all others; to prioritize the use of ingredients from Organic Agriculture as a better guarantee of ecological values; to ensure complete transparency in communicating accurate information to the consumer via direct and honest means; and to value the desire of manufacturers to improve the quality of their ingredients and their products. All of this is accomplished by conducting a process of dynamic and continually evolving certification.
ECOCERT® was the very first certification body to develop standards for "natural and organic cosmetics.
The basic principles of the ECOCERT® standard are:
1. The use of ingredients derived from renewable resources, manufactured by environmentally friendly processes. Ecocert® therefore checks:
- The absence of GMOs, parabens, phenoxyethanol, nanoparticles, silicon, PEG, synthetic perfumes and dyes, animal-derived ingredients (unless naturally produced by them: milk, honey, etc.).
- The biodegradable or recyclable nature of packaging.
2. A minimum threshold of natural ingredients from organic farming to be reached to obtain certification.
- For both labels, Ecocert Standard imposes that a minimum of 95% of the total ingredients come from natural origin.
- For the natural and organic cosmetic label:
- A minimum of 95% of all plant-based ingredients in the formula must come from organic farming.
- A minimum of 10% of all ingredients by weight must come from organic farming.
- For the natural cosmetic label:
- A minimum of 50% of all plant-based ingredients in the formula must come from organic farming.
- A minimum of 5% of all ingredients by weight must come from organic farming.
Important note: Some ingredients very frequently found in cosmetics (water, salts, minerals) cannot be certified as organic because they are not sourced from farming. For example, shampoos and some creams, mostly composed of water, contain between 10% and 40% organic ingredients, and always 95% natural ingredients. An essential oil, which does not contain water, can contain up to 100% organic ingredients.
Thus, DRUIDE® products contain:
- No chemical preservatives
- No petroleum products
- No artificial fragrances
- No ethoxylated products
- No glycol
- No artificial colors
- No GMOs
- No added estrogen or sulfate
Furthermore, we guarantee the complete absence of synthetic molecules (eg. petrochemicals) and the complete absence of animal composites. Only milk, honey and wax are permitted.
Certificate for organic DRUIDE cosmetics 1
Certificate for organic DRUIDE cosmetics 2
Certificate for organic DRUIDE cosmetics 3
Certificate for natural DRUIDE cosmetics
Certificate for organic HAMADI cosmetics